Montana Mint Launches First Montana Trivia Gameshow Podcast
Montana Mint Adds to Griz Fan etc Podcast Lineup
MONTANA – Today, the Montana Mint announced the launch of The Montana Trivia Championship, a new podcast game show devoted entirely to Montana trivia.
The Montana Trivia Championship has nine contestants vying to be crowned the Montana Trivia Champion. Contestants answer Montana-centric questions ranging from mileage between towns to high school mascots.
While the real prize is bragging rights, the Montana Mint will donate $500 to a local Montana food bank chosen by the champion.
The first three episodes of the opening round were released today, with the semifinals and the finals released next week. Each episode is approximately 20 minutes long. The episodes can be found here [Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3] or in the Montana Mint Sports podcast feed located on all major podcast apps (iTunes, Spotify, Sound Cloud, etc).
“Every Montanan thinks they know a lot about our state, but they get real quiet when you ask them for the population for Ekalaka,” said Rory Murphy, Editor and Co-Founder of the Montana Mint. “We originally planned to record this in front of a live audience at a brewery, but the pandemic forced us to get creative and record our contestants in remote locations. We’re excited with how it turned out and are eager to start planning Season Two.”
Because the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted so many Montana businesses, the Mint decided to provide free air time for ads for loacl businesses. . Several Montana businesses responded to a public call put out by the Mint, including the following seven that will be featured in the first three episodes:
- Blue Ridge Brewing – Malta
- Enbär Craft Cocktail Lounge – Great Falls
- Morning Light Coffee Roasters – Great Falls
- Linda Michaels Salon and Spa – Great Falls
- The Block Bar & Grill – Great Falls
- The Man Cave – Great Falls
- Triple Dog Brewing – Havre
This is the fourth podcast released by the Montana Mint and the first trivia-focused podcast.. Other Montana Mint podcasts include:
- Griz Fan Podcast: The #1 podcast in Montana, dedicated to University of Montana athletics. Launched in April 2018, the show airs weekly during football season and regularly throughout the year.
- The Montana Mint Sports Pod: Montana’s first podcast dedicated to all things Cat/Griz football. Launched in August 2017, the show airs weekly during the football season.
- Around the Big Sky: A Big Sky Conference panel show modeled after ESPN’s Around the Horn. Launched in August 2019, the show airs weekly and features sports reporters from around the country covering the Big Sky and FCS football.