Bozeman’s Top Restaurants: Chosen by You!
by Reilly McNaught
It’s that time of year the people of Bozeman get to choose the best of the best in town. To highlight last year’s results, here are Bozeman’s 10 Best Restaurants around town (in no particular order) – as voted by you for the Best of Bozeman! Voting for the 2020 Best of Bozeman is currently open through April 30th.
– Montana Ale Works: Ale Works really took the cake in 2019 with Best Restaurant, Best Casual Dining, Best Service, Best Bar Food, Best Dessert, and Best Place for a First Date! Located right on Main Street, the Ale Works aims to partner with local farmers to source ingredients used in their culinary dishes. And with 95% of their draft beers being Montana-made, they show their commitment to ensure quality, locally-sourced products.
– Backcountry Burger Bar: Bozeman’s Best Burger in 2019. The restaurant uses Montana-raised beef and bison for their burgers, served alongside locally grown, hand-cut potatoes, and delicious buns baked fresh with Montana flour. They strive to keep it simple by using the best ingredients they can find. And with 18 beers on tap, it’s definitely a spot to enjoy great food. Check them right downtown off Main Street and Willson Avenue.
– Bar 3 BBQ: 2019 Best Barbeque. Boasting “Big Sky style with Southern soul,” they offer dine-in as well as takeout, and their Bozeman location even has a drive-thru window (perfect for social distancing)! They smoke beef brisket, turkey, burnt ends, bratwursts, ribs, pork, ham and chicken – all in-house! They put their heart and soul into their cooking, allowing them to win best barbeque for four straight years! Located off North 7th Ave in Bozeman and Main Street in Belgrade.
– Blacksmith Italian: 2019 Best Italian Food. They aim to “bring joy through food, wine, and conversation.” Their head chef, Cory Dragone, started working in restaurants at the age of 14. Since then, he has earned a position at the Culinary Institute of America, been head chef at Lake Hotel in Yellowstone National Park, and now serves timeless Italian dishes with locally sourced ingredients, homemade pasta, cheese and pastries. Blacksmith continues to serve high quality food with excellent service. Located off West Kagy Boulevard near the intersection with Willson Avenue.
– Bridger Brewing: 2019 Best Lunch. Bridger was founded in 2013, and has since become one of Bozeman’s most popular community gathering spots. Not only do they brew amazing beer, but also provide an extensive menu including their fresh, artisan-style pizzas. Along with hosting community events such as pint nights for local charities, and in-house local music, they remain a staple in Bozeman culture. Check them out near MSU campus on 11th Ave.
– Dave’s Sushi: 2019 Best Sushi. A longstanding winner of best sushi in town, Dave’s has been a favorite local spot since opening in 2003. With a laid-back Hawaiian style, they boast amazingly fresh sushi with a friendly atmosphere. And they pride themselves with one of the best sake menus in town. Check out Dave’s for consistent quality food and service, three blocks off Main Street on Bozeman Ave.
– I-HO’s: 2019 Best Korean. A hot Bozeman spot originally opened in 1999. They offer traditional Korean dishes from Bi-Bim-Bop, a warm rice and vegetable dish in a hot ceramic bowl, to Den-Jang-Che-Gae, a Korean miso soup with tofu, noodles, and vegetables, as well as their classic Kim-Chi. I-HO’s offers their home-made Kim-Chi, a traditional fermented Korean dish with vegetables and spices, in multiple stores in Bozeman and Belgrade. Kim-Chi offers many health benefits including antioxidants, cholesterol suppressants, and immunity boosts! Check them out, off West Main Street.
– Nordic Brew Works: 2019 Best New Restaurant. Nordic offers a unique taproom specializing in wood-fired pizzas, variety of craft beers, and imaginative cocktails. They source the highest quality ingredients for their menu, as well as serve an extensive selection of craft beers that rotate weekly. Enjoy the experience at The Market at Ferguson Farm on Bozeman’s west side.
– The Roost: 2019 Best Inexpensive Restaurant. The Roost offers traditional Southern recipes with an eclectic twist. They focus on fresh ingredients presented with friendly service at economical prices ($35 for a 12-piece family meal with sides, biscuits, and drinks). Their commitment to quality landed them a spot on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives! Check them out both on TV and for lunch, located off West Main Street.
– Saffron Table: 2019 Best Indian Food. Saffron table offers diverse culinary plates inspired by India and South Asia. Their menu offers a variety from steaming curries to delicious street fare of samosas and pakoras in an elegant fine-dining setting. They are located near downtown, off West Babcock Street.
Is your favorite spot not on the list? Vote now for the Best of Bozeman to have your say for best restaurants (and other businesses) in town! Check out www.bestofbozeman.com to vote. •