Show off your team spirit w/ Emerson’s ‘Quick Draws & Cocktails’
Rally for arts & culture in the Gallatin Valley with the Emerson
Grab your pompoms, throw on your team jersey and join the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture on Friday, October 5th for Quick Draws & Cocktails: Emerson Homecoming. The Emerson is celebrating the 25 years of teamwork in making arts and culture accessible to the Gallatin Valley.
Meet in the 100 year-old Emerson Gym to cheer on local artists as they create original works of art. Rally for arts and culture by bidding on these works of art later in the evening, then gather for a little “post-game” celebrating on the dance floor.
Featured Quick Draw Artists:
- Mimi Matsuda (Mimi Matsuda Art), Painting
- Laurel Hatch (Laurel Hatch Studio), Painting
- Kevin Schwarting (Cold Mountain Art), Painting
- Morena Garcia (Fly Free), Jewelry
- Sally O’Neill (Sally Horner O’Neill Jewelry), Jewelry
- Meghan Purcell (Purcell Trading), Fiber Art
Your first drink is included with cost of admission, along with light appetizers provided by local restaurants and caterers, music and dancing! Everyone who purchases a ticket or table is eligible to win prizes for showing the most team spirit. Letter jackets, team jerseys, office uniforms, organizational t-shirts, etc. are all encouraged.
Show off your own creativity and support the Emerson by gathering seven creative, fun-loving teammates and enter in a little friendly competition in the Team Table contest. Decorate your table loud and proud in the spirit of your favorite team. Team may be defined by any group of people coming together to achieve a common goal. Team tables may be purchased for $400 (purchase by Oct. 3rd) and include tickets for eight people. Rules for the contest will be provided at time of purchase. Single tickets for Quick Draws & Cocktails are $30 in advance (thru Oct. 4th) and $40 at the door.
Leading up to the main event, Emerson Spirit Week will kick off Monday, October 1st. The Spirit Day theme will be posted on the Emerson Facebook page. Take a picture or video showing your Emerson spirit with the day’s theme and post it in the comments for your chance to win two tickets to Quick Draws & Cocktails. One winner will be drawn each day!
- Oct. 1st: Mustache Monday – Do you have a mustache? Can you hold your finger on your lip to create a mustache? If so, you and your mustache could have plans (other than shaving) on Friday.
- Oct. 2nd: Trucker Hat Tuesday – Get out the trucker hat and show your spirit for the Emerson! Unless you’re driving an 18 wheeler, then pull over first.
- Oct. 3rd: Wacky Sock Wednesday – Sometimes fun socks can make everything better. Sport yours on Wednesday and your creative sock attire could make you a winner.
- Oct. 4th: Team Spirit Thursday – Whether it’s your alma matter, your favorite pro team, your work team, or green and purple for the Emerson team, show your spirit! If your team is really stellar, purchase a table at Quick Draws & Cocktails and be entered into the event’s team spirit table decorating contest!
- Oct. 5th: Quick Draws & Cocktails: Emerson Homecoming – Rally for arts and culture in the Gallatin Valley! Team jerseys, letter sweaters, company t-shirts, old uniforms, etc. are all encouraged.
For more information and to reserve event tickets or tables, visit the Emerson front office, log on to www.theemerson.org/quick-draws-cocktails, or call (406) 587-9797 ext. 105. Located at 111 S Grand Ave., the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture serves as a primary resource for the arts, arts education, and cultural activities in Southwest Montana. •