Spirit of the season kept alive with week-long Stroll events
Like most events proceeding in 2020, the annual Christmas Stroll will look quite a bit different this year. Though there will be no celebration on Main Street, the holiday season will still delight in Downtown Bozeman! Residents and visitors are encouraged to celebrate the spirit of the season and strength of our community in new ways.
From Wednesday, December 2nd to Saturday, December 5th, join the Downtown Bozeman Association and gracious presenting sponsors for the “Christmas Stroll 2020 Reimagined.” Participants can expect to see many of their favorite Christmas Stroll mainstays and new activities:
– Parade of Lights & Window Decorating Contest (Dec. 2–5) at various locations with People’s Choice voting in 7 festive categories.
– Gingerbread House Contest (Dec. 2–5) from 10am-6pm at 424 East Main. Public display from 10am–6pm. Social distancing and masks required.
– Restaurant Give-Back (Dec. 2–5) at many downtown food and drink establishments supporting area non-profits in the spirit of the season.
– Elf on the Shelf (Dec. 2–5) posted at 10am daily on Downtown Bozeman social media channels. Images will show her hiding in different places around downtown – guess where to win fabulous prizes!
– Virtual Lighting Ceremony of famous Downtown Bozeman Holiday Spiders (Dec. 5) Posted at 5pm on DBA social media pages, when the traditional Santa Parade gets kicked off.
– 6th Annual Santa Run for Education (Dec. 5 from 8am–2pm) virtual 5K & in-person race with staggered start times.
– Intermountain Opera Bozeman Choir, Holiday Playlist (Dec. 5 at noon) posted with 20+ holiday carols available at no cost.
– Stroll Holiday Concert with Kate & The Alley Kats (Dec. 5 at 2pm) available to stream through Downtown Bozeman social media pages.
– Chief Joseph Choir Holiday Concert (Dec. 5 at 3pm) posted online, ahead of the Santa Parade and Lighting Ceremony
The Christmas Stroll 2020 Reimagined Button is now available for purchase at area grocers and downtown retailers. Prizes and promotions include Bridger Bowl Ski Passes, Downtown Dollars packages totaling $500, a Family Photo package from 406 Photo and discounts at Billion Auto, Action Lighting and Sweet Pea Festival and more.
The winner of the Christmas Stroll 2020 Reimagined poster has also been announced. This year, a time-appropriate design by Congratulations to Brook Froelich for her time-appropriate design.
For MUCH more information about Christmas Stroll 2020 Reimagined, button purchase options and links to all virtual events listed above, visit www.downtownbozeman.org/stroll2020. •