Shop local & boost regional economy on Small Business Saturday
Between Black Friday and Cyber Monday sits Small Business Saturday, a day dedicated to helping small businesses and their communities. Falling this year on November 30th, events celebrate and support the local small businesses that boost the economy and invigorate neighborhoods across the country.
Downtown Bozeman and our over 250 small businesses are proud to take part in Small Business Saturday, encouraging everyone to “Shop Small” in Downtown Bozeman and elsewhere on Nov. 30th.
To celebrate Small Business Saturday, all public parking lots and garages will have free parking – this includes the Bridger Downtown Parking Garage (corner of Black & Mendenhall), and all four of the surface lots! Also, check out the small business promotions and activities at many downtown businesses during Small Business Saturday through the Downtown Bozeman website.
Why Shop Small?
– There are 28.8 million small businesses in the country.
– Small businesses account for 99.7% of all businesses in the US.
– Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to non-profits and community causes.
– If you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays in your local economy. If you spend the same are a large business, only $43 stays in the local economy.
– For every dollar spent at a small business in the U.S., approximately 67 cents stays in the local community. So when you Shop Small on Small Business Saturday – and all year long – it can help add up to a big impact.
– Over the years, Small Business Saturday spending has now reached a reported estimate of $103 billion since the day began in 2010 – that’s $103 billion over 9 days alone.
Note: “Small Business Saturday Statistics” information taken from www.grasshopper.com.
Visit www.downtownbozeman.org or www.shopsmall.com to learn about other ways to get involved and support your favorite small businesses. Thank you for supporting Bozeman’s small businesses on Nov. 30th and throughout the year! •