from Montana Science Center
Dear family and friends,
We are encouraged, like everyone, by the way this community is coming together to help flatten the curve. The reality is that this is not over and we need to continue to do all we can to keep our families and community safe.
We want to thank everyone who has contacted us regarding our reopening after Gov. Bullock announced that museums and other facilities could begin the reopening process. However, as we expected, there are limitations put on “tactile/interactive” museums and exhibits. This does apply to Montana Science Center’s facility.
We have been planning for this, which is why Montana Science Center will continue to operate (primarily) virtually. We will continue to follow the guidelines to adjust our programming, exhibits and informal education to facilitate safe and meaningful exploration of STEM!
Here is some good news:
- Summer camps are happening. Register here to save a remaining spot. We’re excited to introduce Science Camp at Home for June! Plus, July and August will be updated as soon as we can.
- But wait! We’ve added an extra session of Spy Camp in August -sign up today!
- STEAMlab Open Lab now with social distancing. In June, we hope to open the STEAMlab to offer Open Lab and the opportunity to join in on high-tech fun with limited capacity.
- Virtual Science projects are on our Youtube Channel. Throughout the summer, MSC staff will continue to provide online lessons and engaging videos daily. We’ll also feature our NEW series: How Come? with questions submitted by kids!
- Science-at-Home kits are coming soon. We’ll have family-friendly kits for you to purchase and take home. Come by and get one or pick up a few for the summer! You can also mail one to a friend!
We know that when we reopen the building, you’ll be able to enjoy science through play once again. In the meantime, we need your help. Please consider a contribution to Montana Science Center so we can make necessary upgrades and continue producing meaningful opportunities for you and your family. There are two main ways you can help:
- Renew your membership now…for later! We’ll put your membership on hold so you join us for STEAMlab Open Lab or we reopen.
- Make a donation! All donations go directly to programming, exhibit adaptations and new opportunities for families in our community.
- Become a sponsor! Help us continue to provide meaningful science discovery by supporting us through your business.
Thank you for your support, encouragement and suggestions. We are working very hard to recreate, redesign and reinvent interactive STEM education!
President of the Board of Directors