- This event has passed.
Spring Convocation 2020
January 9 @ 10:00am
Spring Convocation Ceremony, January 9, 2020 at 10:00 am in the Reynolds Recital Hall, honoring faculty and staff. Continuing the excitement of the day, Regents Professor Cathy Whitlock with the Department of Earth Sciences will present the Convocation lecture at 2:00 pm in Reynolds Recital Hall. Dr. Whitlock will address “Yellowstone on My Mind”.
Following Dr. Whitlock’s presentation please join your fellow faculty and staff at the Library Open House from 3:15 pm – 6:00 pm. This year they will be celebrating “Alice in Wonderland”.
Please in congratulating our award recipients below.
- Academic Advising Award/Faculty: Steve Swinford, Department of Sociology and Anthology
- Academic Advising Award/Staff: Sara Heller, Department of Health and Human Development
- Betty Coffey Award: Julia Haggerty, Department of Earth Sciences
- Charles and Nora Wiley Award for Meritorious Research and Creativity: Blake Wiedenheft, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Cox Faculty Award for Creative Scholarship and Teaching: David Ayala, Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Excellence in Innovative Service: John Melick, Department of Education
- Excellence in Online Education: Robert Carson, Department of Education
- Excellence in Open Education: Mark Greenwood, Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Excellence in Outreach/Faculty: Cathy Whitlock, Department of Earth Sciences
- Excellence in Outreach/Staff: Shantell Frame-Martin, Department of Land Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Fox Faculty Award: Brock LaMeres, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- James and Mary Ross Provost’s Award for Excellence: Christina Anderson, School of Film and Photography
- Phi Kappa Phi Anna K. Fridley Award: Rob Maher, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- President’s Award for Excellence in Service Learning: Lucia Ricciardelli, School of Film and Photography
- President’s Commission on the Status of University Women: Alanna Sherstad, VOICE Center
- President’s Excellence in Teaching Award: Sweeney Windchief, Education
- Provost’s Award for Graduate Research/Creativity Mentoring: Joseph Shaw, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Provost’s Award for Undergraduate Research/Creativity Mentoring: Paul Gannon, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Teaching Innovation Award: MacDonald Burgess, Department of Plant Sciences and Plant Pathology
- Vice President for Research’s Meritorious Technology/Science Award: Garrett Moraski, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Women in Science Distinguished Professorship: Cathy Zabinski, Department of Land Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Women’s Faculty Caucus Distinguished Mentor Award: Ann Bertagnolli, Montana INBRE