- This event has passed.
Plein Air Painting with Patrick McClellan
June 29 @ 10:00am
One event on June 30, 2021 at 10:00am
LEARN THE JOY OF PLEIN AIR PAINTING WITH PATRICK MCCLELLAN
WHO: Patrick McClellan
WHERE: Porcupine Creek Area
GENRE: Plein Air Workshop
Day and Time:
Tuesday and Wednesday June 29 – 30
10 – 4 with 1 hour lunch break both days
Meeting place and location in Big Sky’s Porcupine Creek area to be determined.
Join artist Patrick McClellan for a weekend of plein air painting set in beautiful Big Sky MT. During the workshop, you will discover the exhilaration and engagement of painting outdoors from life by learning or practicing how to choose subject matter, compose a painting, choose a color scheme to advance your concept, and the technical skills of plein air painting.
This two day workshop is open to anyone interested in learning the fun of painting in plein air or in improving their existing plein air skills. However, some familiarity with basic tools and their uses (easels, brushes, brush washers and paints) is necessary as no time will be spent on these areas.
More info: https://bigskyarts.org/2021/04/01/learn-the-joy-of-plein-air-painting-with-patrick-mcclellan/
Supplies are NOT included. Participants will need to bring the following painting materials in addition to whatever water, sunscreen, hat, bug repellent, etc. you desire:
- Easel suitable for painting – Instructor has a small number available for loan (first come- first served). An easel at which you can stand is best.
- At least one paint brush no smaller than size 10. Bring more if you like.
- At least the following paint colors: (Instructor paints with oils, but acrylics are welcome. This is not a class for watercolorists) White, Cadmiun Red, Yellow Ochre and Ivory Black. You may of course bring as many other colors as you like.
- Brush washer – instructor has a small number available for loan on first come first served basis. Instructor will provide Gamsol Mineral Spirits for students painting with oils, if you don’t have it.
- At least 4 canvas panels – pick sizes from 6” x 6” up to 10” x 12”.
- Paper towels and small plastic trash bags.
- Water and snacks
Lunch is included!
If you have any questions about materials please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communication and Questions